Lawkananda Pagoda. Built by Anawrahta in 1059 A.D. It is a stupa with an elongated dome surmounted by a finial of concentric rings in imitation of a series of diminishing umbrellas. The two lower terraces are ascended by flights of steps on four sides though arches are not provided above them. It is one of the typical buildings erected by Anawrahta and is still used as a place of worship, being held in great veneration by the Buddhists of Myanmar as the supposed depository of a replica of the toothrelic of Gautama Buddha. The pagoda is an ancient landmark, because near it were anchored all vessels from Ceylon, Arakan and the Mon country.
WHY MYANMAR TOUR WITH US?
- We are internationally registered, well-recognized
- We respond you within 12 hours
- Local experts, true knowledge
- Our service is personalized, customized at its best
- Easy to pay online
- Best customer care/policy
- Committment to Satisfaction
- Professional Consultancy
- Unrivalled values