Mandalay – Pyin Oo Lwin – Full Day
Pyin Oo Lwin was formerly known as May Myo. It is a resort town in Mandalay Division in Myanmar, located some 67 kilometers east of Mandalay, and at an altitude of 1070 meters (3510 feet). It is also known as “Pan Myo Daw", means "The City of Flowers", for its different species and colorful flowers grown intensively. During the British colonial occupation, the British, in 1896, developed it as a hill station because of its cool alpine climate, especially during the hot season. Pyin Oo Lwin is also well known for its colonial style houses with large compound and pine trees, unique horse carriages in town.
Trip Duration: Full day tour
Starts/Ends: Mandalay / Mandalay
Dates: No fixed departure dates.
Tour Type: Culture/ countryside
Activity Level: Regular itinerary
Tour Customizable: Absolutely! (Tell us your specific requirements in the inquiry form)
Price: Contact us
Mandalay – Pyin Oo Lwin – Mandalay
Meet our guide and driver at your hotel and drive up into the hills from Mandalay (80 Km, about 2 hours) for a full day visit of Pyin Oo Lwin (Maymyo), a former British hill station. Proceed to Peik Chin Myaung Caves, since ancient times a Buddhist shrine. Visit the local market and drive through the charming town in a horse-drawn 'stage coach', giving you the chance to admire the red brick and half-timbered houses, complete with English-style gables, turrets and chimneys. After lunch, visit the tiny Forestry Museum (if open) and the National Botanical Kandawgyi Gardens. This botanical garden was built on Lake Kandawgyi by Alex Rodgers with the aid of Lady Cuffle in 1915, using the manpower of 4,000 Turkish prisoners of war, and renovated just a few years ago, covering an area of 436 hectares, the park contains a wide variety of botanical attractions, including a large number of magnificent orchids and bamboo forests, and lots of European beautiful flowers. Return back to Mandalay. Trip ends.
What's included ?
- All transfers and excursions with private air-conditioned vehicles with drivers mention in program
- Local English speaking guide
- All entrance fees for sightseeing in the program.
- Drinking water (02 bottle of mineral water per day)
- Government tax
- Service tax
What's Excluded ?
- Hotel accommodation in Mandalay.
- Visa to Myanmar
- Tips for guides and drivers
- Travel insurance
- International airfares and International airport tax in Yangon (US$15.00 per person)
- Expenditure of personal nature, such as porter charges, camera fees, drinks, souvenirs, laundry etc.
- Supplement charges for other language guides on request
- Services are not listed in above inclusions.
You May Also Like...
Customer Type Tours
Hi Giang, We just got back from 2 weeks in Thailand and Myanmar. I just wanted to let you know that everything in Myanmar was wonderful. Your arrangements were among the best we have ever experienced on a tour. The guides were great. They met us on time at airports and were very friendly. I would especially recommend the guide in Bagan- San- who was extremely knowledgeable about the temples and history. Also, the hotels were superb- Bagan and Inle Lake were truly beautiful. I would definitely you use again if we return to Asia.
Monday, July 2, 2018
WHY MYANMAR TOUR WITH US?
- We are internationally registered, well-recognized
- We respond you within 12 hours
- Local experts, true knowledge
- Our service is personalized, customized at its best
- Easy to pay online
- Best customer care/policy
- Committment to Satisfaction
- Professional Consultancy
- Unrivalled values