Mount Popa (Mt. Popa) Myanmar is about 50km away from Bagan. It is about 45 minute drive from Nyaung Oo Airport, Bagan. Mt. Popa is an extinct volcano that is estimated to have erupted for the final time, over three hundred and twenty thousand years ago.
It was situated 55km southeast of Bagan. Mt. Popa (Taungkalat) is popularly recognized as an abode of many “Nats” (spirits of ancient ancestors) who dwell in various parts of the mountain. In the older days, it was also referred as the “Mountain of Spirits”. You will see monkeys expecting treats along the way to top. Can visit Mt. Popa as a day-return trip from Bagan.
Ask a Question?
WHY MYANMAR TOUR WITH US?
- We are internationally registered, well-recognized
- We respond you within 12 hours
- Local experts, true knowledge
- Our service is personalized, customized at its best
- Easy to pay online
- Best customer care/policy
- Committment to Satisfaction
- Professional Consultancy
- Unrivalled values