King Bagan of the Konbaung Dynasty built the Kyauktawgyi Pagoda in 1847. It is located near the Taungthaman Lake. It is also known as Maha Sakka Ramsi Pagoda. It is said to have been modelled on the Ananda temple at Bagan. The exterior is quite similar to the Ananda Temple but the interior is very different. It enshrines an Buddha Image carved out of a single block of sagyin marble. This seated Buddha image measures 3.5 m at the base with a height of 5.5 m. The walls in the east and south porches has many very fine mural paintings showing religious buildings from throughout the country as well as scenes of the Myanmar people everyday life.
WHY MYANMAR TOUR WITH US?
- We are internationally registered, well-recognized
- We respond you within 12 hours
- Local experts, true knowledge
- Our service is personalized, customized at its best
- Easy to pay online
- Best customer care/policy
- Committment to Satisfaction
- Professional Consultancy
- Unrivalled values